Thread: Twilight 2013
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Registered Registrant

Just to add support to Drashal's comment, the few people I used to know who were pistol shooters typically had a few hundred rounds of ammo for each pistol. Granted, most of them reloaded their cases but they would often have two or three boxes of factory-made ammo as well as their reloads.
So a possible mix for them would be 200-300 reloaded rounds and 50-150 factory rounds.
For the more unusual/harder-to-get rounds you could probably cut that number in half straight away and prossibly cut it down as much as to 20-25% but there's still a good chance that a person would still have a good ammo load when the SHTF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashal View Post
i have a comment on the ammo situation , if this is the players backup weapon he does not use it a lot so he will go through ammo a lot slower than his main weapon so even if you are running at war + 2 years its not unbelievable for the player to have 35 to 60 rounds left for the weapon and thats if he started the war with only two boxes of ammo. at 50 rounds a box which is not unrealistic for a weapon owner to have on hand at balloon day more if the players background is a survivalist type . plus while .454 ammo is not common so are the guns that use it so in a barter situation their is more of a chance that some ammo dealer would have it. i would expect the .22 long to be one of the first ammo types to vanish of the markets long before some of the more exotics