View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
Bona nit Mohoender!

I see a weak point in the last half of your post. The EMP generates an inductive current in all electrical and electronic circuits. This current induced in the conductor materials implies fatal consequences for the electronic parts, which are specifically designed to work with very low voltages and currents. But this current is induced no matter if the component is online or offline. Basically, the conductors would be working as an antenna, their electrons in phase with the wave of the electronic pulse, which is, basically, an electromagnetic wave of great power and short duration. So, your old computers in storage will be fried anyway, I think.

Arreveure!
Agree with your point and that will certainly be the case for my newest car. Might not be the case with the computers (especially with the labtop) as battery is dead and out. Still it is possible but I don't know enough to be entirely sure. In T2K the worst I can imagine is that EMP will be on for sometime as it is not a one day exchange, what wasn't fried one day might be the next day.