View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 07:35 PM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

And here are some more sources:

The granddaddy of them all, that has all the gnarly scientific details and formulas that the nukemapper site uses is The Effects of Nuclear Weapons, 640 pages...

Some other ones are:

The Effects of Nuclear War, which was used by GDW when drafting Howling Wilderness

The Medical Implications of Nuclear War, another brick at 638 pages...

Survival of the Relocated Population of the US After a Nuclear Attack

an answer to your specific question, Raellus: Minimizing Damage to Refineries from Nuclear Attack

The Effects of a Nuclear Attack on Rail Activity Centers

And how to plan a nuclear war (!!!):

The US Nuclear War Plan: A Time for Change, which goes into details about things like the "hardness" of various targets and what it means to say "Well, X Target got nuked".

and (this is a repost from the original site, which gave me a security error), Stuart Slade's Nuclear Warfare 101

and

The US Army's FM 101-31-1, Nuclear Weapons Employment Doctrine and Procedures, which gets into the nitty-gritties of how to determine which weapon to use to achieve the objective.

Longer term I've been toying with the idea of a piece on the nuclear phase of the war... but the above documents combine to equal some seriously depressing reading.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...