Thread: Cavalry in T2K
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 03:03 PM

Default rural community defending it self

I saw the Morning after and felt that was prety realistic.(farmer shot in his field) .Even though farmers etc are better armed or more capable- it isnt going to be a hundred villains coming with gang colours and Mac-10s , more like a couple of thousand people of all ages and walks of life-children,elderly,men,mothers with babies.I dont see that desperate starving people like that will be turned away without significant slaughter.I guess it is equally hard to kill wether or not you are an urbanite -as long as the person you kill is just someone starving to death .Teenage girl maybe ?

That aside ,a horse militia troop could fight a mob of hundreds or thousands over miles of terrain and wear them down.

I guess my vote on the avalry thing is that horses have been the military advantage for thousands of years except the last 75 or 100 years or so .Once the fuel run out and our efficient smokeless powder ammo is gone -the horse people will rule again -depending on terrain imho.

But as stated -you could feed alot of people on the grazing lands for 1 horse.And imagine the time and resources going into the animals you are going to use for war -it doesnt bring food on the table even .

With the resources to train, graze and keep horses for military use in place ,I predict a big comeback from the hore cav as modern weapons and gear become extinct .But I guess only the wealthy will have it .Maybe the land owners in the rural community defending themselves?