View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 07:43 PM
Registered Registrant

Hi again Anna, music and eclectic? Yeah I can relate to that.
My tastes were formed early on by my parents play list which went as diverse as Jimi Hendrix, The Animals, Iron Butterfly, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Thin Lizzy to Bill Haley and the Comets, Herman's Hermits, Buddy Holly, The Searchers to Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, Tchaikovsky.
Love 80s & 90s and even some of the early 2000s, like a lot of 70s (not so much the disco stuff) but also like a lot of 50s and most of the 60s tunes. Like a lot of trance particularly the more aggressive stuff like tribal & industrial.
Don't mind a bit of jazz (particularly Nina Simone) and Blues. Particularly love the harder sounding j-rock which is where I found Tsuchiya. Guilty pleasures include j-pop and k-pop (not particularly liking the Japanese or Korean boy bands though, they're too soft, sounds like something I'd hear in an elevator!). Like a lot of movie soundtracks (anime and otherwise) and some general instrumental. Not fond of opera but I like a lot of traditional/world music.

Perhaps I should have found an off-topic thread somewhere for talking about music - next time I should just post to your blog!

But to get back onto the Twilight: 2000 theme...
I'd encourage all new members to ask any questions they might have. There's a lot of us who where either in the military or had relatives in the military during the Cold War era or have specific interests in various aspects of the era so don't hesitate to ask if you're after some info in particular. And don't hesitate to contribute from your own knowledge/experiences/resources.

Last edited by StainlessSteelCynic; 06-18-2015 at 09:54 PM. Reason: adding more