View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 10:55 PM
Spartan-117

I'm actually gonna down grade from the metal tin and get two sets of the regular RPG, plus Ref screen. Extra maps, tokens, another player's manual to hand out, and more dice, seem like they will be very useful when it comes time to run an actual F2F game (once this COVID thing is sorted out).

Most of my D&D 5e players haven't played TW2K, so having an extra boxed set to kick things off and help get TW2K into the rotation will be good. Once they play a few sessions and get into it, they can order a set for themselves if they want.

I've run two 5e campaigns for new 'don't even own a PHB' interested D&D players and the first few sessions require lots of PHB passing, dice sharing, and token/avatar imagination (so your PC is the green six sided die and Bob's PC is the Red d8, correct?)...

After the third session, things typically shift with shiny new PHBs, Wyrmwood dice towers, D&D Beyond on iPads, and Hero Forge minis suddenly in abundance...

Speaking of Hero Forged miniatures - have they mentioned what scale the maps will be?