View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 03:23 PM

Looking back at this, the Frozen Watch makes more and more sense to me not as an intentionally-maintained source of team replacements but instead as the places where incompletely-trained and not-yet-assigned-to-a-team Project members could be sheltered. Since the time of the war was not precisely known, Project members who had not yet gotten a team would either have to get to a MP facility or else likely die in the early stages of the war. I'm envisioning pre-war MP training and logistics centers to be spaced around the country, with FW boltholes nearby. When the missiles are launched, everyone not yet frozen heads for the boltholes, ready to be woken up as needed.

The gaming consequence is that you can put almost anyone in a FW bolthole! I've run some great games (in other systems) where the characters are relatively normal people, and it would be an interesting MP game if the characters were frozen just after they started training!

The equipment consequence would be that you could not count on people arriving to the facility with any of their issue equipment, so it would make sense for the FW bolthole to double as a general-purpose supply cache, with a smattering of weapons, ammo, basic packs, etc.