View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker
So why were they used so much in WWI?
Yes, they can be a two edged sword, but that's why care is taken to place it upwind of the intended target (at which time you start praying the wind doesn't shift).
May be I misunderstood you. I didn't want to imply that you were wrong. However, I thought about chemical gases used by farmers and civilians with little knowledge on their military application. People for whom everything would have to be invented.

Still, in that case I'm not saying they wouldn't be used but simply that they would not be systematically used and that they could often result in casualties on both sides (same thing if it is used by the assaulters).

For everything else, I think that we agree entirely. I might not be right about that but I think that wheat would easily become a fairly common explosive. From what I have read on that subject it is fairly easy to make it blow. Actually, Australia had at least one silo explosion in 2007 (France already had several over time). A few years back when the "Mont Blanc Tunnel" was closed it was because of a belgian truck transporting wheat.

Another thing that can be easily made out of what you'll find in a farm (and even in a household) is a flamethrower.

Were you thinking of military or former military? If that's the case, you can expect some extensive use.

Last edited by Mohoender; 03-01-2009 at 04:25 AM.