View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 06:35 PM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

Glad to stop by when I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawest View Post
where did you get the part about buying equipment from Egypt and Warsaw Pac compliant ammo and weapons? This might be helpful for the African books.
I just remember reading in Jane's in the 80s and 90s that Egypt manufactured Soviet small arms, D-30s and ZU-23-2s and ammo for them. And when I was a kid the only AKs that got imported into the US were Egyptian. Given the tremendous need of the Chinese, with their industry under air bombardment, it would make sense for them to try to buy as much compatible equipment and supplies as they could. That avoids having to retrain and re-equip some units. Once the war widens and the NVA also needs ammo and equipment resupply it likewise makes sense to buy it from anywhere they can find it. Other likely sources like Jugoslavia are combatants and wouldn't have any production to spare.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...