View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerCCW UK
I definitely rate Threads as grimmer and bleaker than They Day After. It was a truly depressing and frightening piece of TV. I remember wanting to watch it when it was on the telly - I was about 10 at the time. My mother (rightly) said no - I dread to think what I would have made of it at that age - it was terrifying enough when I was older.

Headquarters - I didn't see the remake, but the original 3 series were awesome, managed to lay hands on them on DVD last year. Anyone familiar with Last Train? It was an ITV series set in the aftermath of a comet strike on earth. Runs on Sci-Fi channel every so often.
I saw the first couple of episodes of the Last Train...remember one episode in particular where the group found there way to some sort of abandoned holiday camp? Never saw the end of the series.

Would agree with Headquarters about Survivors (the remake)...on the whole it was pretty good and had some quite useful ideas for a T2K campaign, although the last episode felt a little rushed...it left a few loose ends, although I understand a second series has been confirmed, so perhaps that might tidy them up. There was a programme called "The Cult of Survivors" on BBC3 or 4 (can't remember which)...was a look back on the original...seemed quite good (in a sort of standard BBC 1970's sci fi sort of way!)

I think Threads and The Day After first showed on British TV at much the same time...Threads was definitely much, much bleaker...I still recall some of the images from the first time I watched it, which I think was when it first came out in 1984...I'd have been around 14 at the time. Definitely the stuff of nightmares.

Last edited by Rainbow Six; 01-26-2009 at 11:00 AM.