View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 10:23 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDWFan View Post
Not sure if anyone noticed but History had Armageddon Week.
Just looking at the DVR some shows you should catch are:

After Armageddon 120 Mins (Professors and Experts explaining in between A live-action dramatic story about a family in Los Angeles when a flu wipes out the population. Shows marauders and banditry on the roads and small towns closing themselves off. Very good for T2K info even though fallout and nukes arent covered)

Apocalypse How (2 Parter discussing different end of the world scenarios at length)

The Crumbling of America 120 Mins (Covers and discusses the national infrastructure of America. Its history condition and effects of its deterioration.

Day After Disaster 120 Mins (Examines the immediate effects and aftermath of a nuclear terrorist attack on the capital. I liked the coverage of the national command authority and the previous presidents plans for disaster)

Lost Worlds Examines several US Cold War Bunkers anf there construction very good visual reference)

For Morrow Maybe Earth 2100 Shows a grim climate change version of the next 100 years with the end being the fall of civilization

And has anyone seen the cities of the underground on secret soviet bases?
It shows the Balaclava base in depth as well as something i couldnt believe
IT was called Object 221 I believe and was practically two office buildings underground with the top camo'd by fake row apartments. I have it on an old HD and could share it with those who havent seen it.
That whole series that week was thought-provoking...and a little scary.

I can't remember which show it was, but there was an entrance to an underground shelter that made me immediately think, "It's a Morrow Project bolthole!"

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com