View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 08:00 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45cultist View Post
I'm trying to do gear for Dark Conspiracy's Protodimension Magazine. I have resolved to do the work, not just rip you off. I even acquired FF&S! When statting the Austrian HG86 minifrag, I could not find any packing data! Is there a site with this stuff on it? Even the big Janes only has individual specs.
I didn't mean I steal your work, it's just a safe bet you've already ben there, done that. I wanted to actually research and stat out equipment.
I have some copies of Jane's, as a veteran I can go to the military library on Fort Sam Houston or Lackland AFB (or Randolph AFB, but their library sucks -- I'll bet they hold back the best stuff for the pilot trainees and the ANG Squadron), I have I-don't know-how-many physical and electronic books, I do Bing searches as recreation -- it's just a lot of research -- and I'll bet I'm quite a bit older than most of those on these boards and I've just had more time to accumulate stuff. I've just scratched the surface of the material I have available. I still have the old military habit of continually improving things, which is why I'm going back through everything again. And, as I've said in the past, it is in a way therapy -- gives me a purpose and reason to get up and do something (which is contrary to what the antipsychotics are telling me, which is go back to bed). And I need to at least try to keep current -- my .com address is currently paid up until June 2020!

Really, it's just a lot of reading and researching. It helps if you're having fun. I've been coming up with new stats when all I had was a typewriter and a calculator; I started doing it almost from the time I got my first copy of T2K v1.0.

As for the HG86 -- I think one of my old Jane's has an entry...

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com