View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caradhras
Fair point.

I guess you have to think about the 'playability' aspect too though. If it became so difficult to pin/hold someone, no-one would bother trying.

I reckon it is not too difficult to overpower/restain someone 1 v 1 when you have a str/size advantage in normal circs. In a scenario where the opponent is big and 'handy', combined with 'adrenalin rushed' and possibly drink/drugs...then maybe the GM needs to throw in a few additional modifiers to the rules
I agree that playability needs to be maintained, rather than just going for total realism, but the game just seems to go too far down the easy route. I'm coming up on 18 years in the bar door trade and its rare that a restraint ever goes as easy as the game would make it look. For the record the guy last night was pretty drunk, but we don't think there was any drug use involved.

When you say that you think it should be easy to restrain someone 1 on 1 do you mean in game terms or in real life? I agree that the game should be slightly biased towards the players and give them a chance, I think the melee rules have gone too far.

Last edited by TiggerCCW UK; 03-03-2009 at 09:39 AM.