View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 08:14 PM

Default Hello

When we put the team together the Boss ( Sheriff) did not have military background and did not like military "types". but he sure wanted a trained group to respond to and reduce any problems.
Ergo, no money support, as in you guys get it together , equip and I will 'let" you have paid time to train...maybe.
the others were into and had the ar 15 I I did and do not like that action or configuration of that weapon, sooooo
I bought the mini 14. I did not trust the head space from the factory and had it checked it was not within what I considered specs and I wanted a bit shorter weapon so I had an inch taken off the chamber and an inch taken off the muzzle re-chambered and re-crowned,
restocked with a top of the line folder and man what a weapon, oh yeah it had the four power Buris(sic) scope.
Our location put us between Denver and Salt lake airports and at the time skyjacking was a threat, our airport could land the big stuff sooo We received our training and some grant money from the Feds and were the fast response to our airport for any such emergence until the FBI could get on scene.
Great training and super experience.
Oh yeah and a whole bunch of pretty good war stores.
Tis better to see them afor they see you.