View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 11:33 AM

Default Small Arms instructor

Remember, you did ask...

1. First Career, waaaaay too many skills.

Suggest you drop AGL +1 (not seeing a general regimen to improve Agility in teaching others to shoot), streetwise (I don't see the relationship to Firearms instruction), Observation;

Change Gunsmithing to 1 (main job is instructing, not fixing weapons), Small Arms to 2 (already need to have 4 as a Prereq).

Puts skills gained in the first term more in line with most civil careers, especially in DC.

2. Subsequent Terms:

Not seeing sufficient reason for Machinist, Chemistry or Metallurgy (firearms instructor, not firearms designer), Melee or Tactics (presumably you're teaching what you know, but nothing about this career seems to involve you being in a situation where you would get more experience in either skill).

Not seeing a reason for +1 to Init (unless previous careers did not include military or some other means of getting a +1 - but I doubt you would get Small Arms 4 without some such career)

3. I don't go in for combined careers (I don't recall a mechanism for it), but if so, for balance of character creation, wouldn't you need to halve the skills gained?

4. For DC, I'd base the income for this on an average of INT & CHR, since part of the success in this business will be based on people skills. You need to either convince them of your competence and/or not be to unpleasant so customers come back or spread the word.

Uncle Ted