View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 08:53 AM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

I usualy place limits on the PCs equipment, within reason of what would be available and what they can carry. Weapons, I give them a selection of basic weapons. Although sometimes I am EVIL and give them a number and I pick their weapon based on that number, same for ammo, and yes I have had some PCs have less than 30 rounds of ammo for their personal arms.

Com. eh, I love giving them com gear, with limited power, so they can get used to relying on it and then poof battery is dead when they most need it. That is always fun!

Armor, it gets used up and damaged. And the PACT forces gear is bulky, and in my games they don't always have it.

Night Vision; rare in my world.

Vehicles, eh, they get them, I preffer older stuff. But in my wolrd, the GM giveth and the GN taketh. And the more shiny new gear or the cooler kit the more a target you become. As well as the the larger and well armed are the hostiles you will encounter to make it suitably challenging.

I always like to include 1 issue where the PCs are worrying about more than any other, be it fuel, food, water, ammo something that they have no extra and what they have is short to a critical level.

And I also toss in a nice twist like giving them three 60mm mortars but only a dozen rounds and half of that is illum, which will force them to be creative. Or several belt fed machineguns but with only 50 to 100 rounds per gun with maybe 1 gun having a decent ammo load. <This is easy when you give them 1 M60E3 with the disentrigrating links, a MG 3 with non desentigrating link, and a PK MG in a totaly different caliber so you can't really swap ammo>