View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfish View Post
Why is it that everyone always assumes that BEM, the guy who repeatedly travels through time, the guy who brings back advanced technology that could never have been developed prior to the war even without the Project, never brought back some estimate of the date of the war? It is the single most valuable thing he could give them, beyond fusion power or the universal antidote or even the fact of the Project's existence.
I totally agree here. Sure, the Project's activities may affect the actual date and time to some extent, but I am sure he came back with an initial estimate and modified it over time as it shifted. I mean how would he be able to get captains of industry to sign on to his idea of creating the CoT and MP if he didn't provide some short term proof the could see the future and supply them with a date for the war far enough into the future to make the Project even plausible. Prime Base can be a big empty structure until you get within 5 years or so of the war. Then put in the best and most proven tech developed or reverse engineered from the future in those last few years.