View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 04:31 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaghauler View Post
I have seen some of these ships on the lake. You guys use them like Coast Guard Cutters on occasion. They'd still be a major force on the lakes armed with heavy MGs and light autocannon.
Naval Reserve Divisions are what they call Stone Frigates they have no ship assigned to them. Some of these division do have jetties and are located near boat/sailing clubs.

Those vessels you see are the Kingston-class coastal defence vessels which are used occasionally for naval reserve training on the great lakes. They were built from 1994-1999 their homeports are Halifax, Nova Scotia and Victoria Brtish Columbia. Not sure what would happen to them in TW. Possibly used as minesweeper or for training.

However, you could see the older Porte Class Gate Vessels or Bay Class Minesweepers, both were replaced by the Kingston Class. Both could be used in the great lakes for Naval Training using a Naval Divison as a homeport.

Also, it should be noted that the Canadian Coast Guard has a further 21 research and rescue boats on the great lakes. These are all unarmed as Coast Guard is not a classified as a Law enforcement agency as USCG is. Their main duties include s marine search and rescue, communication, navigation aids, marine pollution response and icebreaking.

The RCMP has a two marine craft in great lakes and St Lawerance too.