View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971

It makes me think about how the wartime moturay affairs would be taken care of.
I think a unit would ensure that its dead are recovered were buried wherever possible. Such burials would most likely have to take place close to where the soldier fell, and it may not be pratical to mark the grave in any way if the unit is in hostile territory, but presumably someone in the unit would take a note of the location as best as they could in the event that the remains could be repatriated at some future date? (Such a repatriation mission could form the basis of a campaign...). In our campaigns the unit's leader always carried the dog tags of the fallen.

Enemy dead are another matter...presumably if you have dead enemies near your base you will want to dispose of them to avoid the spread of disease... fuel and wood and such like would presumably be too valuable to waste burning dead enemy combatants, so I would imagine they would end up in mass graves, dug by prisoners, civilians, or if neccessary the PC's themselves? (I'd imagine a common theme with captured marauders would be to hand them a shovel so they could dig a pit big enough for their dead buddies plus themselves).

Dead enemies in the middle of nowhere where the spread of disease is not an immediate concern could presumably be left for the birds / animals after they were stripped of anything useful.

Of course, in extreme situations, dead bodies could be used as a source of food...enemies first, but in absolutely desparate circumstances the bodies of allies could also be eaten (a la Alive)

Last edited by Rainbow Six; 05-25-2009 at 09:41 AM.