View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 02:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie
Mortuary Affairs are not at BN-level. They're at BDE- or higher-level. It falls on the unit in contact to recover any bodies or remains. If you can't, then unfortunately, there is nothing that is going to be done anytime soon. There is a POW/MIA detachment in Hawaii that deals exclusively with recovering remains, but they typically go back years later and identify via DNA.

Also, I'd really look at your reorganization of platoons above. It's very inflexible and as an Infantry platoon leader, would severely degrade my ability to engage and maneuver on an enemy.

The nine-man squad format is the most ideal configuration for a Squad. If you want want to include gun teams, then add them as attachments. In Ranger Infantry units (and some other Airborne units), the 9-man squad gets a 3-man gun team assigned to them under that squad leader's control (3 Rifle squads and 1 Weapons Squad of 3 gun teams). Stryker Infantry is similar in a 9-man squad and a 2-man vehicle crew (with a .50 cal or a MK-19). Even a Mechanized Infantry platoon still uses 9-man squads, even if they have to break that squad up amongst multiple vehicles.
i'll add an additional fireteam to each section... i had through that the section leader, medic, RTO, desingated marksman and forward observer could act easliy as a fireteam. i didn't realize that wasn't possible. But thank you for lettnig me know... i'll take care of that asap!

I was wondering how to set up the platoon Vehicle Section... Do you have recommendations for how many vehicles they would have? be it HMMWV and 2 1/2-ton trucks or even surviving BIFV or even an M1A2 Abrams? i kind of was thinking that they would try to put a tank company with every infantry battalion... but i'm not sure...