View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
So I am sure most of us have thought that the Ole Miss will be a great resource to repair/control during the rebuilding process. But what about the Great Lakes, and more importantly I think, the Saint Lawrence River access to the Atlantic.

I am thinking about the value of setting up a team on the Great Lakes to gain control of the Lakes and start to use it to transport people/materials throughout.

What kind of "Navy" would you need to control the waterways? A Brown Water Navy style?

Would Canada take issue?
I can honestly say that your first part "So I am sure most of us have thought that the Ole Miss will be a great resource to repair/control during the rebuilding process." had never crossed my mind before you brought it up. Being a life long West Coasty it was entirely out of sight out of mind. But having taken some time to read what others have said and thought about it now interesting. One of the things that did stick out to me I used to work at Grand Coulee Dam (one of the largest in the world) taking out the Dams is not that easy, but taking out the power grid is much easier (EMP would do it very well). And very few is any Dam has the parts needed to bring even the local power grid back up. So even if the dam is not damaged (very likely) the power grid is likely to be ruined.