View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 07:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six View Post
Yep. I think it's becoming pretty evident that we (as in those of us who have been playing T2K for years and appreciate - if not expect - a fair degree of realism) are most definitely not the target market for this game.
That matches up with comments I have seen from Tomas and others - i.e. that this was NOT a release for those of us who have played the game and loved it - this was pretty close to a one shot to add to their list of games - but not something they plan to back as GDW did.

They are depending on fans to write new material for them - and then they basically gave the old fan base the finger with how they wrote the mechanics, character creation, etc.

And how can you have a game that features an invasion of the UK and have almost no information on British characters?

This game needs to be aborted right now, scrapped and re-written from the ground up - keep the artwork and lose all the rest

FYI my ideas of fixes -
Scrap the character creation section and lift it right out of V2.2 including the info on other nations militaries.

Scrap the timeline and war background entirely, fire Chris Lites and find someone other than Frank Frey who hates Republicans and the US Army in general for military background (read their FB and you can see what I mean).

Remove all the political crap and making the Republican president look like a war monger who somehow authorizes all kinds of nuke strikes all by himself. Their is no room in the game for politics of one persuasion or another.

Whoever wrote the Secret handout needs to talk to the Player Manual writer and fix it because Tomas himself thought only the 5th was destroyed but the two releases clearly say that all forces assigned to RESET are overrun and destroyed - which means eight Full Corps just in Poland alone.

Add the weapons and vehicles that the UK, Germans, Dutch, Belgians and French would be using.

Add the ability to created UK, German, etc. characters.

Make the war into an actual world war.

Or just do what needs to be done, fire the writers, keep the artwork, scrap the Alpha and try it again

Last edited by Olefin; 12-01-2020 at 09:13 AM.