Thread: Bioweapons
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
Anything at all is what I'm after. Large scale or single target. Just looking for stats for weaponized diseases, etc (infection and recovery numbers, treatments, etc - basically an expansion of the existing disease rules to cover the REALLY nasty stuff).
I don't see either side using Bio Warfare because it is simply too hard to control. Non-Persistent Chemical Weapons would be the go-to weapon of mass destruction.

Genetically-engineered bioweapons would see a modification to either the INFECTION NUMBER or the FATALITY NUMBER of a common version of that disease. So a Bioweapon version would be the base disease enhanced accordingly. I would recommend using NON-VIRAL diseases (Bacterial) so that your attackers can use ANTIBIOTICS to fight the Bioweapons IF they lose control of those diseases. A VIRUS requires a VACCINE made from either weakened or dead Virus cells which means replicating that Virus to produce the vaccine. Remember that Antibiotics DO NOT WORK on viruses. Also, Bacterial Diseases tend to be bigger [in Microns] than Viruses which is important when you consider what standard PPE will shield you from and what it won't.