Thread: Personal Gear
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Volunteer Timeline Errata Coord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
Maybe thats the strongest part off TMP, don't like the canon, feel free to modify!
Lee,

I think you may be thinking of "Aftermath!"? That game is intended to be completely customisable! The shitty parts of canon are part of what makes TMP distinctive from others games in the genre. Much like how crappy M16s, defective gear and an impossible political social situation make playing Recon set during the Vietnam war seem more authentic; modifying these details won't necessarily improve the scenario.

This may surprise you but I started running TMP with fully customised gear lists. After a while the obsession with "perfect" guns and gear (not just me but everyone else) made me question what the point was. Players can suffer without the cool Humvees and G36s (or whatever) and learn to deal with it as a part of the scenario. Probably that's a little on the old-school side and I'm becoming more cranky in my old age!

If their PCs are carrying Stoners and Uzis, dressed in Resistweave coveralls and berets while hanging off the back of an XR311 or V-150 Commando the players bloody-well know they're playing The Freakin' Morrow Project, not some gussied-up Post-apoc RPG or Aftermath!/Twilight 2000 by another name. (Not that I don't like AM! and T2K on their own terms, of course.)

Tony