View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 12:28 PM

Default An Alternative Survivor's Guide to the United Kingdom

Evening all,

As some of you may recall a couple of years ago I posted some pieces on an alternative non canon Survivor's Guide to the United Kingdom and the attached documents form an update and an expansion to that work. Changes to the timeline I originally posted are relatively minor - basically I've moved the UK Capital to Winchester instead of Oxford (thanks Simonmark6 and DudeUK for that suggestion), changed slightly the area under HMG control (it now more accurately follows the canon SGUK) and generally tidied up a few bits I wasn't overly happy with in the original, mostly to do with the destruction of the central Government. I've also tidied up the order of battle for HM forces (thanks LouieD for your input to that) and added the Royal Navy and Royal Air Force. Other than that and the part on MI5, it's all new material, which I hope you'll find to be of interest.

Questions and comments are most welcome! The work is based on 01 June 2000 in a V1 timeline.

Part 1 - Timeline / Regional Guide

The Regional Guide is based on the Cold War civil defence regions, and uses county names in place at the end of the 80's, some of which have now changed. I had originally hoped to go into a fair degree of detail for each region, but unfortunately time has been my greatest enemy, so I've had to settle for a broader description of each region, though I have tried to include a few adventure "seeds". As this work focuses on the UK mainland only, Northern Ireland is not covered, other than in the timeline. I have changed the nuclear strikes very slightly - basically I've spared Birmingham but hit the ports at Felixstowe / Harwich and also High Wycombe (the latter because that was where I placed the Government's command bunker).
Attached Files
File Type: doc Timeline.doc (79.0 KB, 358 views)
File Type: doc Regional Guide.doc (143.5 KB, 412 views)

Last edited by Rainbow Six; 07-12-2011 at 12:43 PM.