View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 08:45 AM

Now this is one of the main questions I actually had at the front of my mind when I signed up here.

Being pretty excited about running a 'classic' Polish campaign, Operation Restart gave me some pause when I first read it. Firstly, I though involving the players in some sort of intrigue that made them key players was a great idea, but I did realize I'd want to tweak a few things to make it comfortable to run. The specifics behind what exactly Restart is was one of those details I identified that would need some tweaking. I thought the device, as initially described, seemed a bit fanciful, but I wasn't sure. I'm a bit of an old dog who never learned anything more than the basics of how to use the computer system and platforms and software apps, never mind all the behind the scenes nuances, so I would never want to paint a picture in an area that my players (most of which have historically been very computer savvy) might feel they're suspension of disbelief slipping.

I've got to say that the ideas I've seen thus far, especially the idea of Reset being details about a new, scalable OS, are great. I think most players would be able to grasp the importance of such technology for the rebuilding and war efforts of their nation and how deadly and fortuitous a position they're in as holders of the papers.

Definitely good food for thought!