Thread: Fiddle's Green
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 05:57 AM

Location: Somewhere in the Eastern U.P. on the edge of Civilization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
Please! I'm still trying to forget Grenada!!!! There is nothing like trying to plan a military operation from a tourist guide book map of the island!

"And I want 3rd platoon to hook through Henry's Bar & Grill and then advance on the Hilton, watch out for that miniature golf course on your left, S2 thinks that the Cubans have set up around the windmill!"
Yeah I know, it was entirely a cluster from what I heard of the troops and NCOs who had the misfortune of being on that operation. Again it was one of those operation where it was better left to Marine Expeditionary Unit or the logical argument could of seen a MEB being used.

Sending 2/3 of the the 82nd with a unhealthy mix of Special Forces, Rangers and SEAL was a grand recipe of more deaths and wounded than their needed to be... Oh well.

Panama was just as bad. Everyone wanted piece of the action. As a result again more people lost their lives than if they kept the entire thing KISS. Especially since literally we had forces in place. It was the movement of troops Bragg that finally gave up that the operation was underway since they were looking at the same flight information as we were...*shrug*...