View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six
Does anyone know if it would be possible for an experienced technician to change the main weaponry on a BTR? Like for example swapping the KPV for an M2 machine gun (or similar)? Or is this something that would simply not be possible mechanically?

Just thinking that if it was possible it could solve the problem of trying to source War Pac ammunition, especially in the rear areas.
I would think many things to be possible. When needs arrise, people can achieve surprising things with whatever is at hand. Of course, that would be more difficult with the most modern equipments but still, I'm sure that some people would find ways. If you check on the wiki alone you'll find modifications including tank turrets, mortars...

Israel is still doing surprising things and always did. Germany did striking modification of captured equipments all war long. However, coming back to the BTR (in that case, a BTR-60), here is the most striking modification I ever saw. It's a well known picture of a BTR-60 mounting an AML-90 turret. That modification was done somewhere in Djibouti or Somalia I think. Africa has always been the most impressive place when it comes to field modifications (both military and civilians).
Attached Images

Last edited by Mohoender; 12-31-2008 at 02:20 PM.