Thread: Police Forces
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJHusVar View Post
Even if 30% of a department like NYPD were mobilized Guard/Reserve, that would still leave nearly 20,000 armed and organized personnel available. I would think that if there was a declaration of martial law, those departments would continue to exist and execute their normal duties, albeit under the direction of the senior military commander. I don't see them being rolled into an MP Brigade (although that HQ could provide command, control and coordination) or otherwise "drafted". The very organization itself would be too valuable to dispense with.

That also brings up the question of the other substantial Federal law enforcement agencies. What becomes of them? I could see most going with the CIVGOV and, again, providing an armed and organized force for control of local areas and facilities.
Just remember that under martial law, civil law is suspended, and only military law is active. So either they would be drafted into the military or they are no longer law enforcement. I would guess that they would be "drafted" as an entire unit as a "MP Brigade"

As for the other FLEO's I would guess that they are either going to be part of CivGov where they would still be FLEO's or if they go with MilGov then they would be incorporated (drafted/direct commissioned) in the MP's or CID.