View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13
I have them at Bialogard, Poland (Think I pulled that from Going home.)
Heh, you've run into the issue I warned you about a week or so back about the positions stated in various sources (particularly the 2.0/2.2 map) not being correct for a set date (some units are in pre July 2000 positions, others in post).

The positions marked for XI Corps are at the end of the offensive once everything fell apart and the Corp tried to withdraw back to Germany. While researching the above "history" of the offensive, I could find no reason why the 2nd would not have completed their landings before the 5th were hit, in fact it's my considered opinion they were one of the first units to move with the task of both securing the coastline as well as protecting the northern flank of the 8th (and the offensive as a whole). Only once the offensive was deemed to have failed due to massive Pact counteroffensive would they have withdrawn, effectively abandoning the 8th and the scattered remnants of the 5th.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem