Thread: BTR in Nevada
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 06:00 PM

I agree that while broad front is not doctrine, information in canon appears to support a slow moving offensive. This to me says large scale encirclements were very few and far between. This is not to say the odd small unit wouldn't have been cut off though.

It also implies that the Pact forces fought over every inch of ground. To do so would likely result in heavy casualties, especially front line vehicles. With the (at best) air parity, artillery and rear assets would probably have suvived relatively intact, pulling back from time to time to safer positions.

The can be no comparison between Poland in T2K and Iraq in either war. T2K details a very slow advance while both of the Iraq invasions were over almost before they began. In Iraq, masses of troops and equipment were captured due to the speed of the advance and the generally crap quality and fighting spirit of the soldiers themselves. I doubt the same could be said for Poland and it's early war allies.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem