View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 05:15 PM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

I do not recall reading anything about the use of Chem or Bio weapons in CONUS.

I doubt they would be intentional used by any of the competing powers <Civ Gov and Mil Gov> because well, one does not use such weapons on home soil. Same goes for nuclear weapons to a lesser degree.

However, that does not mean some small time local warlord or rogue commander who wants to be a warrior kind and establish his own fiefdom would not use them like in the Bear Moduel. I acualy had that as the intent for one of my online campaigns.

And of course New America would use them too I am sure.

And then we also have as was stated Virus outbreaks. Maybe it gets into the food or water or is sprayed over some areas and it causes people to loose their minds, slowing revert to a bestial state as they slowly die, but before then, they become very violent and no longer rational, and it could even give them a cravy for protient and iron which is found in blood, and being that their brains are eaten away they do not think, they just do, but also as a result of their brains being eaten by whatever virus or parasite they no longer have feelings, feeel pain, fatigue and continue to move/do reguardless of the damage they sustain. And the cool thing, they can live for months as long as they "feed" without feeding they last weeks.

And let us not forget such places as:

Marryland it has Aberdeen and another base for such training and study of such weapons are done. Aberdeen of course the other I forget.

Atlanta; the CDC, they could have a sample of any manner of virus or other bugs.

Any major University with a medical center or lab, or any hospital for that matter.

Troops returning from overseas could bring the disease back with them or bring contaminated items, even liquod or food.

Storage facilities: There are three in CONUS that I can name off the top of my head, I have worked, interviewed or applied to work on SRT teams at all of them.

Radioactivity: an old theme, some new type of nuclear weapons or even mutated food stops that were contaminated, say the grain supply was contaminated by nuclear fallout but the food was still issued to the homeless masses in refugee camps, maybe an attempt at decontamination caused some virus to happen.

ERGOT POISONING!!! That could do it! The remianing food supply of a city or region is contaminated with a form of ergot poisoning so everyone goes made in a very homocidal maniac sort of way, and its effects are like PCP so they would feel no pain.

Mutant Virus from Mars: how many B movies has this inspired?

Bioweapon that wasn't perfected that was used. It didn't have the effects that were expected so those who launched it thought it a failure and threw out the plan. The Bioweapons just took longer to manifest and now the land is filled with zombies.

Religious or other Cult: they do a drug or something that makes them into a zombie like state, and if they take it enough it becomes permament.

Those are some of the ideas I have used to get zombies or zombie like groups in my games.