View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 04:14 PM
Banned

Oh I am not saying that horse populations wouldnt be affected - but the data does show you how many horses there are, where they are distributed and what would be available for cavalry and transport

part of what it does show is for the places that didnt get affected that much by the war but are short on fuel - i.e. there you would see horses being transitioned back in as transport animals again - which includes most of South and Central America. Also keep in mind this doesnt include donkeys in the numbers cited which are used for transport in many countries already

Given the numbers you can see that there are sufficient horses to support the cavalry unit sizes we see in the canon even with a large scale reduction in the amount of horses (along with humans) - even if you lose half the horses in North America - i.e. from the 2000 numbers - you are still looking at almost 3 million horses - so could the US by 2000 still have a significant amount of horses for transport/agriculture/armed forces use - the answer is yes - i.e. the horse numbers are simply too big for even a catastrophe on the scale of Howling Wilderness to reduce them to where they are in such short supply that you wouldnt be seeing them pulling plows and wagons and transporting soldiers