View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Army View Post
I have a question that I would like some feed back on. Should the Low Altitude Air Defense Battalions be replaced with the Light Anti-Aircraft Missile Battalions, which were active in 1996. The MIM-23B Hawk; used by the Light Anti-Aircraft Missile Battalions; was phased out of U.S. Marine Corps service in 2002, replacing it with the FIM-92 Stinger; which is used by the Low Altitude Air Defense Battalions.

I think no, because I think that Marine Corps would replaced the HAWK Missile sooner than 2002 if there was a viable threat on the horizon.

Also I'm currently working on the UK/NL Landing Force (Royal Marines and Korps Mariniers unit), I will post for all interested parties.
Depends on how close you want to stick to canon. The US entered the war in 1995 so it would be really doubtful that the IHAWK would be phased out, I would expect a series of fixes/mods to make it more effective, at least until Patriot was available in larger numbers.