View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 09:00 PM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
I too have experimented with using the Advantage/Disadvantage mechanic in my PbP T2K campaign. I see granting Advantage as a way to reward player effort. I don't think I'd implement disadvantage, though- the world of T2K is harsh enough.

I've also toyed with Inspiration Points, which are awarded by the DM/Ref for creative gameplay, problem-solving, exceptional RP'ing, and that sort of thing. A player can have one IP at a time and cash it in at a time of his or her choosing. Oh, your player just took a round to the head, resulting in an insta-kill? Cash in that IP and we'll re-roll the enemy's to-hit chance or the hit location. Want to throw that frag into the open commanders hatch of a T-72 at 20m? Cash in that IP to get two Thrown Weapon rolls.
Your use of Inspiration Points reminds me of one aspect of the 2013 rules that I rather liked - the ability to sacrifice a piece of "useful" equipment to negate a damaging wound. By "useful" the implication was that items such as spare magazines, water bottles etc. etc. could be sacrificed but useless items could then be prevented from being hoarded to "trade in" whenever a wound was received.