Thread: MP Logistics
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke11 View Post
Some things to consider;

1 pair of boot bands issued. I would routinely go thru at least 6-10 pairs a year, a few more issued would be more logical.

Ballistic Spectacles/Goggles. There is no ballistic information provided for them. They normally can protect against small fragments traveling under 660 fps.

You may consider adding a human remains bag/body bag, human remains ID kit and a combat litter of some kind. The bag can also double as a litter as well if as a dual purpose item. 100 mph tape (OD duct tape really), issue more para cord, up to 100 ft.

Stove Fuel. Where do the teams get refills?

Otherwise some good information and some items/companies I have not run across before.

I still have the strange issue with pages after 86 thou for the titles with the second file.
Updated document link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Wo...d6c02x62hbX5FY

Taking your points one by one…

Agreed on the boot bands, I often wore two pair at a time. This was something I meant to go back and address and I let it slip through the cracks. I’ve added additional pairs to the basic load, bugout bag, cold and desert kits. Beyond that, there would need to be some in a cache somewhere.

Added the MIL, ANSI and EN standards references for the ballistic googles and spectacles plus the following clarification:
• Goggles - protects against small particles at up to 660fps and can withstand up to a .22 caliber at 550-560fps
• Spectacles - protects against small particles at up to 660fps and can withstand up to a .15 caliber at 640-660fps

Note that neither of these ballistic eyewear are actually manufactured with the listed emerald lens; I used artistic license to add them in order to provide laser protection for the team members.

Some of this was already in the works; the following equipment/kits have been added:

• Bag, Disaster (aka body bag) this would be a cached or vehicle carry item I believe as a case of six (6) comes in at about 20kg.

• Casualty Evacuation Kit (one per vehicle for starters) includes:
o Bag, Casualty Equipment
o Litter
o Litter Carrier
o Litter Harness (2)

• 3 coils of 550 MIL C-5040H Paracord (30m) added to basic load (Rucksack) (this was another item I meant to revisit and never got to)

• Tape, Duct –Standard sizes 18.2m (0.25kg) and 50m (0.57kg); added 1 to basic load (Ruck sack)

Stove fuel. I believe refills would have to be cached but I’ve also clarified the entry to highlight that the stove is a multi-fuel model and can use the pre-filled Isofuel or liquid fuels (white gas, kerosene, gasoline).

When I was putting some of this together, in addition to lightweight, durable gear; I was looking for lesser known companies and small start-ups. My thinking was that MI could help them along via Kickstarter type programs or by outright buyouts.

The header issue should finally be fixed in this reiteration.