View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
Spartan its about making sure that they stay as true as they can to the spirit of the game.
I see it a little differently. I’d say it’s about introducing a whole new generation of gamers to T2K. If part of that entails some tweaks and changes along the way I don’t have a problem with that. If you want to stay as true as you can to the spirit of the [original] game why don’t you just carry on playing the original game?

Quote:
we dont have a repeat of Twilight 2013
What, a superb set of character generation rules (best I’ve seen in any version), a stand out gear list and different levels of crunchiness dependent on taste? And let's not forget the advantages / disadvantages table - that was pure genius. I’d love a repeat of that. Sure, the timeline had its weaknesses, but timeline can easily be replaced, rules not so much (I ran a game using V1 timeline and 2013 rules - worked a treat)

Quote:
That includes things like new sourcebooks, weapons and vehicle books, modules, etc. - sorry but the US Army had a hell of a lot more vehicles than just M113, Hummers and M1A1 tanks - and a game that is partially based in Sweden and no Swedish military vehicles?
Pretty sure this has already been stated, but all we’ve seen so far are three sample pages. No one has said that those are going to be the only vehicle choices. Give the people a chance.

Quote:
the last thing we need is amateur hour
You’ve been fairly scathing of some of the professionally produced works before - Howling Wilderness springs immediately to mind. I’m sure we’ve both seen amateur work that’s better than the professional product. Your East Africa sourcebook started out as an amateur effort did it not? Are you saying that its quality somehow improved when it became part of 2.2 canon? You said upthread that you preferred my (amateur and most certainly non canonical) Alternative Survivor’s Guide to the UK to the professionally published one.

Some of the comments I’ve seen about the new version kind of remind me of when 2013 was a new thing and some people just wanted it to fail regardless because it was something new and / or it didn’t mesh with their established view of what T2K should be. I also see a fair bit of bashing before anything substantial has been published (e.g. criticising the vehicle choices based on a three page sample which specifically states that some of the text is placeholder).

Let’s give Free League a chance, yeah?