View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkLine View Post
It's extremely unlikely that satellites will ever be able to be used again after the war. Most if not all satellite will succumb to a Kessler Cascade event and be destroyed and their orbits filled high speed wreckage.
Personally, I'm in 100% agreement with you. But canon specifics satellites and even mention Project satellites waiting to be brought online.

Now, admittedly, after 150 years of orbital decoy, I'm curious about how much debris would be left. And from my limited knowledge of orbital mechanics, would not a high orbit at a steep elliptical angle bypass most debris fields?

On one hand, confining a team to a single satellite that appears at inconvenient times (and people laughed when I purchased Living Steel) would drive the poor cookie officer white-headed!

But realistically, I think the Project should choose to confine itself to VHF/HF/AM/FM radios.