View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 10:04 PM

The group in my campaign are currently designated SOG 1 and are technically part of the 5th Special Forces Group. The unit contains personnel from all kinds of backgrounds. The combat elements of the unit are broken into four teams (Black, Red, Green and Blue), each containing 10 men although in practice they often operate as teams of nine men because the leader of each team is also a member of the command group.

The entire unit is led by Major Anthony Po, US Army Special Forces who was first a medical doctor then an FBI forensics expert before the war and was commissioned as a captain in 1996.

Blue team are sailors, mostly USN SEALs, SDV and SBU personnel and led by Lt Cmdr Tadeusz Jones, USN SEALs. As Jones is Major Po's second in command Blue Team is often led by Master CPO Cecil O'Dea, an ancient and crusty SEAL who was originally a Vietnam War era UDT sailor.

Green Team is mostly made up of US Army Special Forces personnel with a few oddballs thrown in including a Delta soldier and a Pakistani soldier. Sometimes Major Po leads Green Team personnally but usually it is led by an NPC Green Beret Captain.

Black Team is made up mostly of USMC personnel as well as Gunnery Sgt Bryce Hunter who is now USMC but was previously a British Royal Marine and also served in the SBS, and also has a British Army Gurkha. They are led by Captain Bart Lamont, USMC who is based on the character Tom Highway from the film Heartbreak Ridge. Lamont is the most terrifyingly deadly and competant soldier under Po's command and Po arranged to have him commissioned to keep him from being retired due to his age.

Red Team is made up mostly of US Army soldiers who have done the Ranger course. Major Po usually uses them as a fast maneuver element in vehicles or to beef up the firepower of small convoys.

There is also a gaggle of support types, drivers and artillery personnel attached to Po's command element which is referred to as Gold Team.

My campaign has run from the Battle of Kalisz, through The Black Madonna and Going Home and most recently pretty much reached the end of Armies of the Night. I'm not sure exactly how many years of real time its been going but I think seven or eight. Because of the incredibly detailed and gritty nature of our gaming style we've only got to February 2001 in-game.