View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 04:15 PM

Some of you who’ve been around for a while may remember that after being underwhelmed by the official product I attempted to write an Alternative Survivor’s Guide to the United Kingdom which gradually took shape in this thread over a period of time.

For anyone that’s interested, the link below will take you to a complete final draft. Most of it is not new, I’ve simply pulled together all of the different sections that have appeared here into one document for convenience, although there are a few sections that have never been shared before, primarily parts one and ten, while i’ve made a few tweaks to other material here and there (some of the Northern Ireland stuff might be new, I honestly can’t remember, this has literally been sitting on the hard drive of not my last laptop but the one before that for years, but inspired by some of the stuff that’s been appeared lately I thought I’d dust it off and post a link to it here in its entirety).

Comments, questions etc are welcome, although I should stress that I’ve been done with this project for a while and don’t intend to make any changes / revisions - it’s offered as it is, typos and occasional bits of wonky formatting et al, do with it as you will. Some readers may note a few British pop culture references dotted about and some of the photographs are used in what is intended to be a humorous way - I hope readers will take those in the spirit in which they’re intended.

Also, lest there be any doubt, it’s entirely unofficial and entirely non canonical (although it does largely comply with the V1 timeline other than a few non critical details, e.g. William as King). To be clear, I absolutely, categorically do not seek or claim any canonical status for it (including the so called ‘fan canon’ which I’ve never bought into anyway).

A number of people on this forum helped with ideas, suggestions, encouragement etc during the lengthy writing process. Specific shout outs go to Sean Nolan, aka RN7, who wrote parts of the Scotland and Wales sections, LouieD, whose help with Orbats was invaluable and who was responsible for the idea of the rebadging of some Territorial Army units, James Langham, who contributed to the section on the Dutch, and DudeUK, who was basically responsible for me restarting the whole project after a lengthy hiatus.

Right, here goes. I hope this link works, if it doesn’t I’m sure someone will let me know…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8k40p08k0...Draft.pdf?dl=0

Last edited by Rainbow Six; 02-27-2021 at 04:21 PM.