View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsofian View Post
Really, how do the people in the universe know its one in a million? To the people in it (except for time travelers) there is only one so to them, it is worth fighting for.
They may understand that one way or the other, that this is their universe because they cannot personally time travel out of it. But it still has a potentially huge moral, philosophical, and theological impact that could undermine morale, and I would expect this to be an area where the members of the Project were both impressively well educated and very passionate. The fact of the apocalypse, demonstrated through the artifacts of time travel, are at the core of recruiting for the Project. They are not trying to lessen a potential apocalypse, they are trying to lessen a definite and proven apocalypse. I cannot imagine that there are many teams of educated, passionate people, sacrificing everything they have based on the word of a time traveler, who would not intensely debate the implications of time travel.

Heck, I don't know how you get them in the tubes without them having an answer. Maybe the Project was only able to recruit the ones who would accept without questioning? If so, I cannot imagine they have many real scientists.

Wait... new idea for Krell: He was a Morrow team member who understood the terrible implications of time travel, understood that there were infinite universes and that therefore had nothing had any meaning. So he said "to heck with it!" and became a nihilist. Or decided that he needed to eliminate time travel (aka BEM) and potentially everyone who knew that it was a real thing. That's why he hates the Project, he is trying to return the Earth to an innocent time when people thought their lives had any uniqueness or meaning.