View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfish View Post
Wait... new idea for Krell: He was a Morrow team member who understood the terrible implications of time travel, understood that there were infinite universes and that therefore had nothing had any meaning. So he said "to heck with it!" and became a nihilist. Or decided that he needed to eliminate time travel (aka BEM) and potentially everyone who knew that it was a real thing. That's why he hates the Project, he is trying to return the Earth to an innocent time when people thought their lives had any uniqueness or meaning.
In the universe I played in Krell was a Morrow Industries or COT underling who had some special ability (deal with local authorities) so limited use. He found out too much about TMP for his security level and not being accepted as a team member knew his fate.

He punched out with enough on the project to be dangerous but made himself important and known enough in political circles he couldn't have an accident. He was just a worker, not a team member so he never disappeared.

He raided a bolt hole, spaced the team and set himself up for the big sleep. In his case he woke up on time and proceeded to build an empire from the ashes. He compromised many teams and used their bolt holes to keep re-freezing himself for 10 year jumps. Came awake for a year directing his empire then back to bed. His paranoia combined with the repeated freeze thaw cycles twisted him into what he became. Plus those he left in charge during his down time had their own agendas further warping the empire. By the time I was out he was the god like leader who never died, just long sleeps. I tried to help him along to THE BIG SLEEP but no joy and the Amerindian Nations suffered his wrath as they were receiving my help in those days. He also stopped sleeping after my attack as he personally wanted revenge.

BTW BEM did not die, although I felt he wanted to. I have met him twice since I was activated. Having worked for Morrow Industries pre war on a few adaptations of vehicles for TMP use I had met him a few times in the before.