View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
[SNIP] it's one of the reasons why i have explained the fact that the East and West Germans both pressed for the fact that they both wanted to remain seperate nations right up until the French invaded the Rhineland.
Oh, that is a good idea... maintaining that the GDR is not going to be annexed or reunified into the FRG is a brilliant propaganda strategy... not that the USSR, Poland and Czechoslovakia would buy that for a second. WWII is still living memory in 1996. I also like your idea that the pretense is dropped after the French invasion of the Rhineland Security Zone. It's what 1999? There's no point in pretending any more... besides, there's not much in the way of either German government by that time besides the military, which are under a joint command. That idea goes in my swipe file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
The same problems with islamic extremism that you've described the Soviets as having, would be the same as the PRC would have in their Central Asian territories [SNIP]

A USSR/PRC alliance to deal with the uprise of islamic extremism in their Muslim territories could easily be created, especially if the intial fighting was against EACH OTHER started by islamic extremists causing the border disputes in the first place
That's not a terrible idea... not a full scale war, more like a couple of border incidents provoked by the Jihadists which result in a lot of bad blood. Perhaps the USSR/PRC alliance breaks down after the Soviets launch their sneak attack on the US and China's command and control (with no for-warning from the USSR) gets badly damaged. Then the fight in East turns into a three-way brawl between renegade PRC units on one side, the USSR, loyal PRC and North Korean units on the other, and US, ROK and even Japanese units on the other. Might explain why there still would be Soviet units in Manchuria and Mongolia.

A. Scott Glancy, President TCCorp, dba Pagan Publishing