View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 03:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

one of the biggest reasons i felt that keeping the DDR and BRD seperate is that they had developed two distinct national IDs. and even today, there are those in Germany who felt that the way unification happned in the 90s was just to lopsided and the West is still sending alot of money into the East to bring it up to western standards. And since the 2300ad future of the T2k universe stated that post war Germany was divided into five states just didn't make that much sense (especially since all that heavy weapons and equipment of USEUROCOM was left to the Germans giving them the paridy to have stood up to the French occupying the Rhineland). But hell, alot of what they didn't really didn't make since unless you where a wargamer. it's why we used the fact we RPed T2k until the 2050s with our PCs having become major shapers of the post-Twilight world, and incorporated that into the 2300ad universe. but that's a totally seperate story.

The Sino-Soviet Border War that started all the fighting in the Far East would have been the prelude to the fighting in Central Asia... basicly the Jihadist start a war between the USSR and PRC, to give them the 'cover' they would need to preform a coup that would allow them to create a massive Central Asian Islamic republic. Hell, it could have been bankrolled by Osama with the help of Iran and other really wealthy Jihadists. And it could have even gotten the support of Indonesia if done right.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.