View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkLine View Post
Has anyone ever run a game where each player controlled a vehicle?
I must recognize that the idea of a game based on vehicles have always been a temptation. I'm not entirely convinced about the vehicle rules of T2K v2.2 and the extra-work to arrange them in some way to run a vehicle based game has always discouraged me. In part for my ignorance about the matter.

I think that the vehicle data sheets given are complete enough and I that the rules about armour and damage are acceptable. But there are some gaps like:
  • Turning rate of the turret (for a 5sec. turn).
  • Some rule to link the needed turn of the turret to point a target to adjust the difficulty of the to hit roll. Not enough with the modifier due to target speed.
  • Turning rate of a tracked vehicle while stopped.
  • Effect of different type of terrain on movement
  • Some guide about what can be detected and (how difficult could be to do it) through the observation devices.

Among others...

About the players and a vehicle based game, I think that the best option is with each player being the commander of one vehicle. Even with games more focused in the players acting as a crew (I'm thinking about Traveller, as an example), some role assigned to certain crewmembers limit them to one or two significative actions, without any decision to be taken.

A chart for each vehicle could be made. With the same data included in the vehicle data sheet but with the important information about the skills of every crewmember depending of their role in the vehicle. Mmmm... well, it's an idea.

By the way ¿Individual initiative or a common intiative for the vehicle?