Thread: Convoy's!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 05:30 AM

Chico is right about barge/rail/road being the order of effeciency of course. But I mean from a security stand point if I needed to make multiple runs over that 400 miles stretch, with a high priority load of say diesel or crude oil from far western PA to NYC.

I was thinking rail but the rail lines run so far out of the way that 400 miles turn into like 600miles sometimes. Although they are a more efficient mode of transport, they are easier to track since there is only one route to take.

1 - I was thinking maybe taking different tracks, never using the same twice in a row. Although that would mean I need to maintain several different lines of track.

2 - Having a lead security team to scout ahead of for obstructions. Perhaps an ultralight, or just the lead team even with a FLIR pod or personal infra-red goggles or spotlight to scout for ambushes at night.

3 - The biggest concern I think is the sheer masses of civilians in the area I would be passing through. All someone needs to do is say or think there is food on the train and that things gonna get swamped.