View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 02:39 PM

I'm just re-reading this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
The Polish Free Congress, ostensibly allied with NATO, or factions thereof, is a buffer in NW Poland. The U.S. XI Corps is still there as well. In my T2KU, it's closely allied with the PFC- both are within close proximity to one another. In my T2KU, XI Corps' abandonment during OMEGA leads to its command pledging allegiance to CIVGOV (it's a cart and horse thing- perhaps ties to CIVGOV caused it to be left behind by the MILGOV-sponsored evacuation). The British still have strong, well-organized forces in central Germany. Anyway, my point is that eastern Germany is no longer really threatened by Soviet forces. Yes, there are marauders of various ilk lurking about there, but no large, well-equipped threats w/ ties to any still-hostile national government.

It's a win-win for all involved. Germany get to shut it's back door (the east), and both gains American war material and loses hungry American mouths. The U.S. gets the troops it needs to eject foreign military forces from its own home soil. Poland gets some space to regain some semblance of at least regional independence. And Germany and the U.S. both get to stick it to France, while the latter can absolve itself from blame.
That said, the creators of T2K, especially with Going Home, really give each GM carte blanche to write the script for Europe after Christmas 2000. That's the beauty of T2K. That said, I kind of wonder why they went and wrote themselves into a bit of a corner with the T2300 stuff, which sounds awful (I should say that because I haven't read any of it first hand. Based on what I've read second hand here, though, I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole).

I like it! My spin (stated before) is that XI Corps' leadership is allied more with the Polish Free Congress than any Germans desiring East Prussia/Pomerania. That said, a switch to CivGov is certainly a possibility, and may be another piece of the answer why they didn't march west, either. A combination of not trusting the Germans or Soviets, wanting to keep Poland-Germany quiet, and hoping to secure part of Poland for the PFC (notice that some Polish formations have switched allegiance).

All that is saying that I think the XI Corps exists more as a pro-Polish than a pro-German/East Prussian force in my T2KU.

Oh, and thanks for putting the work into this.