View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 12:07 PM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

Paul, when isn't the weather horrible in Korea? When I ask when? I associate that place with nothing but misserable weather.

As for Weather, keep this in mind,

The Battle of the Bulge, the weather was a major factor in the operation. It was their weather stations in Spitzbergen I beleive that was the deciding factor.

Other aspects of the importance of weather,

The Battle of the North Atlantic and the Convoys.

Battle of the Bismark and Ark Royal and Repulse and of course the HOOD. Weather played an important part.

D-Day, the invasion of Normandy. Weather was critical and delayed the operation and only left a tiny window for it to go.

I would say that weather is of the most importance when dealing with anything involving the Sea and the Sky.

Ships have trouble sailing durring storms or fog. Same for Planes.

And the troops they disgourge are put through hell if they have to deploy in such conditions. Marines landing in a high surf or squal are wet, cold, miserable and sick and alot of them don't even make it to the beach. Paratroops well they delpoy in a fog or a storm, they get scattered and alot of them don't make it as well. So, yeah weather is of critical importance to those types of troops.