View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 01:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
This assumes the v2 timeline, in which the Cold War ends in '91. In the v1.0 alternate timeline history, the Cold War didn't end, so a lot of stuff that, IRL was sold off to 3rd world countries or put on the open market- like those Ferrets, for example- would have remained in military reserve storage. I'm not trying to poo-poo the idea, but being as I favor the v1.0 timeline, I don't see quite as many MilSurp vehicles getting into civilians' hands.

As for the vulnerability of said light armor, is AP small arms ammo legal to buy in the U.S.?
Actually they are available in both timelines - the Ferrets were already being disposed of by the mid-80's - so you will see them in civilian hands in either timeline - now if you look at V1 versus V2 you could see a V1 timeline having the ones being disposed of being the older ones - so basically Mk1, Mk1/2 and Mk2/3 whereas with the V2 you would see almost anything being around

So again keep in mind what timeline you are looking at accordingly and adjust what might be available

the AP SLAP ammo was only issued to the US Army - have no idea if it ever got sold commercially