View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 08:18 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaghauler View Post
Current versions in development will have a conventional looking magazine that extends right into the "chamber area." The projectiles will be launched straight from the magazine (which is in line with the barrel) and the only moving part will be the magazine spring. I cannot imagine how hard that will be on the magazine's feed lips. An M249 can chew up a 30 round STANAG pretty badly; I can only imagine what launching bullets at up to 100 per trigger press would do to one. This version of Metal Storm will even have an ejection port for removing "dud" rounds (since there are no moving parts to jam). I can't wait to see a working prototype.
How could even have a dud with such a weapon -- you'd need some kind of electrical system failure, combined with a double feed. Or a magazine failure-to-feed.

I ought to tell you guys sometime about the most awesome failure-to-feed I've ever seen -- and it saved my life during my suicide attempt.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com